Thursday, January 17, 2008

Freemans~1950

I just love this pictures of my mother and grandparents. We call(ed) these grandparents Pony grandpa and Pony grandma. They always had horse when we were growing up. When we were kids we would ask what grandparents we were going to visit, So our parents would reply, Pony Grandma. So this how they got their name.
Frank worked as a meter reader, and did until he passed when I was about 8..I think. He was such a great grandpa. He called me the apple of his eye. I think this was because my parents had my 3 siblings so close together, and had me 8 yrs later and I was like a new novelty around there. I have so many memories of my grandfather singing to me in the stables....Thanksgiving he would always put me on his lap and sing "Thanksgiving coming the turkeys getting fat, please put the penny in the old mans hat." we would do this for hours.
Grace was a stay at home mom. She is a great grandma. I have many memories of her. We hung around her house allot after my dad died. I always thought her house was so neat. She had old farm hurricane lights and loved quilts. We would play games until we couldn't keep our eyes open on a small card table in this sun room they had. This is the only grandmother I have living today. She lives with my mother, and still at 86 does very well.

No comments: